Cover Signals Keyboard Commands Don't Work For Me

pblanksb

I have been running Koln Hbf and Koln Hbf 2012 for some time but have only just started to experiment with various keyboard commands, having previously preferred to use the panel buttons to set routes and operate the cover signals.

I can set routes from signal to signal using the keyboard without any problem, but despite following the Wiki instructions to the letter the cover signal keyboard commands will not work for me in either sim.

Have any other users experienced similar issues? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Phil.

Hi Phil,

could you

- mention the version numbers of both Köln Hbf and Köln Hbf 2012, just to verify that you are on the current version?

- give an example of what command you enter and keys you press when operating from the Number entry Panel window?

There might be a short coming in the Wiki explanation, so just let me give you an example of how it should work.

Route from 315 to cover signal 014 (fast way):

315014 + [Arrow Down] + [Arrow Left] + [Enter]

Route from 315 to cover signal 014 (slow way):

Set 014 to Stop : enter 014 + [ALT]-[H] + [arrow left] + ENTER
Set route from 315 to 014 : enter 315014 + [arrow left] + ENTER

Example as per SignalWiki - Köln Hbf - Wiki - Cover Signals

Note that you only have to this if the targeted track section is unoccupied.

In case of so-called "Nachfahren" - in that situation an other train is is occupying several track sections including targetted cover signal, and at least one cover signal available behind that train - all you would have to do is set a normal route 315014 + [Arrow Left] + [Enter].

Erwin

Hi Erwin,

Both sims are using version 3.4.0.8 and neither tells me an update is available when I open them so I assume this version is the latest.

The Wiki doesn't explain the fast way, but following your explanation I've tried that and it works fine. I've also tried [Alt]-[G] again to set a cover signal back to 'Proceed' and that works fine. However, [Alt]-[H] to put a cover signal to Danger does not work for me. Also, the preset [Alt]-[7] to set a route 059 - 345 brings the numbers up in the Number Entry panel but will not set a route unless I press the UFGT button, which, if I have read the Wiki correctly, is supposed to avoid having to press that button.

I really am beginning to like route setting by keyboard, it is much better than having to move a mouse backwards and forwards across 4 screens to press entrance and exit buttons. :)

Regards,

Phil.

You'll have to enter the number, i.e. 057 , of the cover signal you want to put to halt. Next ALT+H

Then press the arrow button responding with the direction of the route you're about to set, so either Arrow Left or Arrow Right.

Then press Enter.

For the ALT+7 question, let me check on that.

Is there also a fast way to set a route from cover signal to the next destination? I.e. 014221?

Or does this fast way only works to KK Hbf and not from KK Hbf?

Hi Peet,

the fast way only works on the way to the platform.

ALT+6 is working fine, too.

Hi Phil and Erwin,

ALT+7 shows 059-345 in the display but works only when you use UFGT. In this case the regular route will be set. To use the alternative route you have to work in two steps. First 059-342 and then 342-345. This seems to be the correct way because you have another signal (ESig 343) on your way.

By the way, even if I enter the numbers 059345 step by step and press [arrow right]+[ENTER] to use the regular route there is no reaction. Only in combination with [arrow down] it works. This seems to be a bug.

All this is valid for Köln Hbf.

In Köln Hbf 2012 everything works fine with the regular route but ALT 7 shows no reaction (beside the display) in any case.

Regards

Helmut

Is there also a fast way to set a route from cover signal to the next destination? I.e. 014221?

Or does this fast way only works to KK Hbf and not from KK Hbf?

Nope. As it would be far from realism.

Setting a train route towards a cover signal is realistic, do therefor such a shortcut is acceptable.

Exit routes can not start at cover signals, they start at a main signal.

So a train route 014221 simply does not exist / can not be set:

Procedure is 014 to ground state ("clear") then train route from main signal (022 or 021) towards 221

Therefor, only allowed exit routes over number entry either 021221 or 022221 for your example

Erwin,

I do enter the signal number (eg 057) then Alt-H, then the arrow then enter. It doesn't work. Signal number then Alt-G then direction arrow then enter to clear a signal to proceed does work.

Erwin,

I do enter the signal number (eg 057) then Alt-H, then the arrow then enter. It doesn't work. Signal number then Alt-G then direction arrow then enter to clear a signal to proceed does work.

It should work: 057+Alt-H+direction arrow responding with the direction of the route+enter