Sign in to follow this  
littlepe

Shunting Yard confusion

littlepe

Hi all - trying to learn but finding some things confusing - hope someone can make things clearer.

Signal/Track plan - what i presume to be Shunting Yard 2 and 20 are both labelled as 'HBSRA' and yet the abbreviation lists them as 'HBSRE' and 'HBSRZ' respectively - Shunting Yard 7 being listed as 'HBSRA'.

This has cause me confusion (not hard) because of the following :-

Train 42212 is timetabled to leave HBSRZ - its number appears in Yard 20 and after i set the route it heads on its way.

Shortly after Train 51353 comes from HGGL and is timetabled to enter HBSRZ - yard 20 - the same place 42212 left. When i send it to this yard i get an angry driver on the phone telling me i have sent him to the wrong place and salary is deducted. I reset and try again - this time i send him to Yard 2 (HBSRE) - this time he is happy.

Also (sorry) there is a Mail (Postz) train -39220 - that is timetabled with an 'End NX' of HBS - track 1. I presumed he was heading for the 'Posthof' on the end of Track 1 - especially as his end of route was HBS. Once again when i sent him there - angry driver - money loss. Even the timetable shows >posthof .

I tried sending him on to HSDL and this worked - but i dont know why.

I am probably doing something wrong but any help appreciated.

regards.

littlepe

OOps - sorry folks. Only got this sim yesterday so only managed to register today, and along came an update. Tried sim again and those trains mentioned above now OK, so i guess you fixed it long ago.

regards

TjoeTjoe

Didn't have the time to have a look at this issue yesterday, but happy to see the issue has resolved itself.

Additional information: There are some updates to the timetable available on the forums as well, so in case you find some other timetable thing, first download the latest timetable and play with that one

See forum : Überarbeiteter Fahrplan Braunschweig 1974 (first post in that topic)

Erwin

littlepe

Thanks Erwin. When installing a new timetable Is it just a matter of installing the files in the main program where the .exe file is? I see a 'mdb' file in the new timetable download but i dont see one in the program files.

TjoeTjoe

I had to take the following from one my post elsewhere on the forums. Hope it is explaining enough.

To use the external timetable go to Settings and click on "Simulation" root item : there you can set if you want to apply the external timetable
Refer to this page (in German) for some pictures : SignalWiki - Images how to set External timetable

You normally place the mdb in the Data or Download folder. You should find some folder like "My Documents\Signalsoft\Braunschweig\Data" or " \Users\[Name]\Documents\Signalsoft\[sim name]\Downloads". for this.

But as long as you have a (central) place to store the mdb, you can let the sim point to it as per personal needs.

Of course, this only works if you have a valid license key, which you have otherwise the BS simulation would not have updated

I will see if I can setup this same Wiki text in the English Wiki section

Erwin

Edit : And available in English (except image) now : SignalWiki - How can I use an external/alternative timetable?

littlepe

Thanks again Erwin - i did search the wiki but did not look in FAQ.

regards

TjoeTjoe

That's self-explaining as the English texts were not available till yesterday afternoon.

Unless you would have known the German words/terms to look for, then you might not have found it till yesterday afternoon.

Anyway, glad to hear that you got it sorted

Erwin