Sign in to follow this  
AndrewG

Gruiten - Overlap Issue - Track 505

AndrewG

If I set a route from H556 to P505 and choose the default route exit button I'd expect it to set the route with overlap down the dead end siding/run off with points 561/559 normal.

This isn't the case and you end up with points 561/559 reverse with route set back out onto the main line, exactly the same as if you select the route exit button with the arrow.

If this is correct then I'm not sure about the purpose of the trap points or the alternative route option.

signalsoftRC

The trap points straight were a little yard earlier, but got decommissioned and is not usable as a overlap route anymore.

Hence the "normal" overlap was made going left.

The actual overlap route goes until the overlap of the OPPOSITE direction. This is extremely long (386 m) and "against" the design rules.

Our system finds the overlap automatically and does it exactly according to the rules.

in real life, the "left" overlap route goes into the "wrong line" direction. and is also 386 m.

There is an oddity in that corner that is caused by how we calculate the overlap length, as per design rules, and the way they've done it in real life.

The problem is that if I change the code to reflect this situation, it will have influence on ALL other sims as well and needs to be thoroughly tested.

It IS on the todo list, but has a lower priority than all other stuff like "working wrong line" and "dark territory deadlocks" that we want to solve first.

There is a LOT going on at the moment here with the sims with some very important stuff that we want to rewrite/redo too....

As this "oddity" is not really creating any deadlocks or crashes, please bear with us... We are aware, but head over heals in work ;-)

Well noticed, though! ;-)

AndrewG

Thanks for the reply - I hadn't thought about track rationalisation.