pblanksb

Wuppertal Oberbarmen Langerfeld

pblanksb

I am having some difficulty working out what is meant to happen with various trains arriving at Wuppertal Oberbarmen Langenfeld Yard in the early hours of the morning (0215-onwards), as listed below:-

1. Light engine Lz 43240 after uncoupling from its train has no movement orders stating what its next working is.

2. Train 76524 arrives on GL.562 at 0227. There are no movement orders attached to this train so I have no idea what should happen when it arrives.

3. Train 1-11102 arrives from Wuppertal Hbf showing to proceed to Gl.522 but that track is occupied by empty unit 8-30812 so it is not possible to clear a signal to that track and all other tracks are occupied so I have left it in Oberbarmen station until 522 becomes available. There are no movement orders to indicate what happens to this 11102 on arrival at Langenfeld.

4. Train 2-43236 arrives from Wuppertal Hbf showing for Gl.560 but again there are no movement orders to indicate what is supposed to happen with this train.

Can anyone explain what should happen to these trains?

Regards,

Phil.

Helmut

Hi Phil,

I suppose you have started the respective simulation before midnight (perhaps you have used a saved sim). In this case all movement orders are missing after midnight. This is one of the problems which appear when playing over midnight. If you start at 00:01 hrs you will see what to do with the trains:

1. Lz 43240 moves to track 515 to stable for the next mission. A shunt engine will be activated in time on track 516 to bring the waggons to track 503. The shunt engine will move back to track 516.
  2. 76524 is to stable on track 562. The engine uncouples and moves to Remscheid. Later on a double traction engine will come to pick up the waggons. (This will happen a second time during the day with another train.)
  3. 11102 goes to track 522 and then to 520 to stable for the night. 30812 already should have been stabled on track 519 at this time.
  4. 43236: same procedure as 43240. Engine after uncoupling to track 515, waggons to track 501 (shunt engine).

So, start your sim anew after 00:01 hrs and everything should work correctly.

By the way, here you will find two shunting yard plans on your PC: C:\Program Files (x86)\Signalsoft\Wuppertal-Oberbarmen\en. They show where the trains should be stabled. The text is in German but you should be able to work with it.

Abstellung - stabling

Abfahrt - departure

Ankunft - arrival

pblanksb

Hi Helmut,

Thank you for your reply.

It is three months since I last ran this sim but I'm pretty sure I started it from 0001 as I know that there are issues with movement orders when running past midnight. I may start it again to see what happens with movement orders.

To reply to your answers:-

1. I stabled Lz 43240 on track 515 just to get it out of the way. The shunt engine did come from 516.

2. I have left 76524 on 562 as I did not know what else to do with him. There is no movement order for uncoupling or what number to give to the engine going back to Remscheid so another reason to start again from 0001.

3. As it's been so long since I ran this sim I have no idea why I left 30812 on 522 and not stabled on track 519.

4. 43236 I have shunted onto 503 and sent the engine to stabling.

I've just about got things figured out now Helmut, but I will start a fresh sim from 0001 and see what happens.

Many thanks again for your assistance.

Regards,

Phil.

pblanksb

Hi Helmut,

I have started a new sim from 0001 to try and ensure that movement instructions are shown and work properly and I am now up to 0120hrs. Train 67788 (two MaK G 1206 locomotives) has arrived from Wuppertal Steinbeck and shows on the timetable to terminate on track 561, and at the bottom of the Time Table Viewer box it reads "<61451 (KWS) >61540 (KWL)" which I understand means "locos from train 61451 at Steinbeck and form train 61540 at Oberbarmen Langerfeld." I have empty wagons w61540 sitting on track 562 so I presume 67788 attaches to w61540 and departs at 0140 as train 61540. However, 67788 has no movement orders, despite me starting the sim at 0001. Should there be any already written? On this occasion it is easy to see what is supposed to happen and so I can write them accordingly (attach to w61540, go forward as 61540) but it becomes a problem when it is not so easy to join up all the dots if there is no information available.

Regards,

Phil.

Helmut

Hi Phil,

At that time Nopi changed a lot with the coal trains. Therefore an update of the timetable was sent frequently. May be that you run an old version. As the last update of the sim itsself was after Nopi had quit his job, I'm not sure if the newest version is inside the simulation. So to be sure you should run the Wuppertal sims with the external timetable: 131013_wuppertal_timetable.

If you do this you will find all movement orders for the coal trains prepared. So normally you don't have to do anything on your own.

This is only neccessary if you want to separate the defect waggons (Schadwagen) from the four trains going to 501 - 504. Then you have to write movement orders for the shunt locmotive and not forget to give it the correct number when you sent it back to track 515. Also you have to order a locomotive for these waggons and the train number of the respective train by fax to get rid of them. If you do this, you will be very busy between 2 and 7 a.m. with shunting.

pblanksb

Hi Helmut,

I was using the timetable that came with the sim, and it is dated 30/08/2014.

I have now started a new sim with the 131013 timetable as you recommended (I downloaded it some time ago but have never used it) and will see what happens. The extra shunt moves to detach defective wagons will make extra work but also add some realism as it happens in real life.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Phil.

pblanksb

Hi Helmut,

First of all may I wish you a Merry Christmas.

I am now running the 131013 timetable and the first train to arrive for Langerfeld is 3-31933, which is timetabled to terminate on track 522 at 0020. The stabling plan shows it to stable on track 523 but there are no movement orders for this so I will have to create the movement orders to shunt to 523. Should the empty passenger trains have movement orders? I've not had a coal train yet so I don't yet know if they will have orders with them.

Regards,

Phil.

Helmut

Hi Phil,

Merry Christmas to you, too.

If you run the 131013 timetable everything is fine. Don't add any movement orders. 31933 has the movement order to turnaround on track 526 and to change the train number to 30910 on 523. 30910 has the movement order to stable on that track but that you cannot see with the old train number. So send it from 526 to 523 and everything is fine.

Be sure, with this version of the timetable you don't have to do anything with the movement orders if you have started the sim at 00:02 or later.

I've started a session with KWO for my own and I recognized that there is no train stabled if you start at 00:01. Normally it should work properly at that time but in Wuppertal all stabled trains are set one minute later.

So I stand corrected.

Helmut

pblanksb

Hi Helmut,

I have stabled trains showing when starting a sim at 00:01.

Why do the movement orders for 31933 not show in the Movement Orders box? I also noticed that starting a sim with 131013 timetable trains 67788, 2-43240 and 1-11100 arrived with no movement orders. I also noticed that train 11138 that should reverse at Unterbarmen and become 11105 is nearly at Oberbarmen so I run it onto track005 and amend its movement orders to reverse there.

Anyway, I've now started a 131013 timetable at 00:02 and have noticed the following:-

11138 is still nearly at Oberbarmen so I have to amend its movement orders as before.

31933 as you say does not show any movement orders but I ran it to track 526 where it did reverse. However. it has been on track 523 00:30 - 00:53 and has still not renumbered or stabled. It just shows o-{Stopped.

Signal 487 at Abzw. Linderhausen fleeting does not work for train 2-61451 so I had to set a route manually.

I am waiting for light engines 67788 to and train 43240 to arrive to see if they have movement orders.

Phil.

Helmut

Hi Phil,

I don't know what, but I think that you make something wrong when starting the sim.

If you really start a new sim at 00:01 you will have no trains stabled!

If you start the sim at 00:02 the trains are stabled!

If you really start a new sim at 00:02 there will be no train 11138! Train 11138 is scheduled to arrive at KWU at 23:40 the day before. So when starting after midnight this train does not exist!

If you start a new sim at 00:02 all trains will have movement orders!

So, it seems that you always start a saved simulation that was started once as a new sim before midnight. Only this makes sense to what you noticed!

Could you explain exactly how you start your sim?

By the way, for train 31933 are shown 2 movement orders: turnaround on track 526 and renumber on track 523. Only the stabling order is not shown. This movement order is assigned to the new train 30910.

pblanksb

Hi Helmut,

In 'Settings', Custom Timetable is selected, with Preferred Custom Timetable C:\Users\User\Documents\Signalsoft\Wuppertal-Oberbarmen\data\131013_wuppertal_timetable.mdb selected.

Click 'New Simulation'.

Select 31 January 2012

Set time to Hour 0 Minute 02.

Click 'Start'.

When the sim starts train 1-11138 is waiting at signal 151. I have saved a new sim at 00:02 to prove this.

There are trains stabled in Rangierbezirk Stabling..

I ran the previous sim to 01:15 and there were no visible movement orders for 31933 but it did reverse on track 526 but it did not renumber or stable on thack 523. Locomotive 67788 arrived with a comment on the bottom of the train view box stating it becomes train 61540 at Oberbarmen but no movement orders on how to couple to w61540, which is on track 562 whereas 67788 is shown to go to 561. I cannot find a way to signal 67788 directly onto w61540 without going onto 561, reversing to Gbf West side first and reversing again. There are no movement orders on 67788 to cover this so I have to enter them manually.

I install all my sims into the default folders to ensure as much as possible trouble-free installation and operation, but this particular simulation has me beaten. The only thing I have left to try is to uninstall the Oberbarmen sim and all its data and do a complete re-install.

Helmut

Hi Phil,

If you choose Custom Timetable you see to fields beneath. The first should show the path of the folder (131013_wuppertal_timetable), the second completes the path to the file (wuppertal_timetable.mdb).

Do you have both entries? Is the folder "131013_wuppertal_timetable" unzipped?

If yes, I have no idea why your sim always starts a saved version.

Before you uninstall the sim you can try to reset the program to the default settings. Choose "Workspace" in the menu "Settings". Click the button at the very bottom.

pblanksb

Hi Helmut,

Folder 131013_wuppertal_timetable was unzipped and I was using the timetable file wuppertal_timetable.mdb

I have deleted all my previously saved sims, deleted the timetable file, unzipped it again and selected it as my preferred timetable in the custom timetable settings and still I get 1-11138 waiting at 151 signal when I start at 0002. Train 3-31933 still appears with no visible movement orders (but late running 8-31839 does have movement orders). I've lost too much interest in it to be bothered to run it to 0115 to see if the first freight train appears with visible movement orders.

I reset the program to the default settings, unzipped the timetable again and put it in a different folder and started another new sim at 0002 with the same result. I also now have to resize all my panel views back to the way I had them set (I knew this would happen).

I've just started another sim from 0030hrs and there are no stabled trains in Langerfeld Rbk.

signalsoftRC

Are the stabled trains in the latest timetable stored with 00:01 as start time?

pblanksb

I don't know Richard. They are there with sims started at 0002 and 0010 though.

Helmut

Are the stabled trains in the latest timetable stored with 00:01 as start time?

Yes, they are. Therefor start with 00:02.

Helmut

Hi Phil, no idea what's going wrong.

If I start a new sim at 00:02 everything runs well.

pblanksb

Hi Helmut,

Apologies for my late reply, I've been away from home for three days.

I've just uninstalled and performed a complete clean reinstall of Oberbarmen, including deleting reinstalling the timetables and the problem is still there. I've tried starting at 00:02 on various days of the week with 'Use Custom Timetable' ticked and train 1-11138 is always there even though it should not be. I've even tried moving the timetable file to different directories and altering the 'Custom Timetable Directory' file path to reflect this but nothing changes. It is as if the sim is ignoring the use of the custom timetable because the result is the same regardless of whether I have 'Use Custom Timetables' ticked or not. The only thing I have not done is run a new sim for long enough to see if any stabling trains arrive with visible movement orders.

Update - Just as before, wiith sim time at 0016, train 31933 has arrived with no movement orders listed in the 'Prepare Orders' window.

Helmut

Hi Phil,

This is very strange.

Do you have a saved file in the folder data? If yes you should delete it. In this folder you should only have the unzipped folders with the external timetables which you have downloaded some time ago.

If no: Do you still have some saved files in the folder sim? If yes perhaps it could help to delete all.

The program seems to take some saved timetable file from somewhere when starting a sim. So you should make sure that this is not possible anymore.

Did you try to start the sim on a very other date?

Eureka! Forget all if you start your sim with having run a pre-simulation before.

You can choose this option in the expert settings. Make sure that this item is not chosen. If you start with a pre-simulation of e.g. 20 minutes the sim doesn't start at 00:02 on Tuesday but at 23:42 on Monday. Then you will have the train 11138 somewhere behind KWU and as you play over midnight the movement orders are lost.

I think that is the reason for your problem.

By the way, the first train shows up at 00:13. So, no need to start the sim earlier.

Edited by Helmut

pblanksb

Hi Helmut,

Yes I only have the unzipped timetable mdb file in the folder 'data', and I did try starting a sim on different dates.

But as you say, forget all that if I have pre-simulation ticked!! That does appear to have been the problem. I have unchecked it in 'Expert Options' and everything seems ok. I have started a new sim and 11138 is not there, but 31933 does now have visible movement orders and stabled itself correctly on track 523. 67788 arrives with movement orders to attach to w61540 and did so without any trouble.

It looks like the problem is solved now, thanks very much for your help and patience Helmut.

Happy New Year.

Phil.

Wim Vos

Hello Helmut and Phil,

I had the same problems with Wuppertal-Oberbarmen, Wuppertal Hbf and Wuppertal-Vohwinkel.

Thanks to the suggestion from Helmut these problems are solved and I play these simulations with many pleasure.

I wish you both a very good new year.

Wim from Holland

pblanksb

Hi Wim,

I knew it had to be something simple that was just peculiar to me as nobody else had reported any problems, but all thanks to Helmut for figuring out what the problem was.

I'm glad you managed to get sorted out too. It does show that by posting a problem on the forum, as well as getting help for yourself, the discussion also helps other people to learn from it.

Happy New Year,

Phil.