Sign in to follow this  
theskipper98

Alarms

theskipper98

Hi can anyone help me with degraded working as i have multiple signal failures due to level crossing's not closing as they are flashing all the time with an alarm. i have alarms going off at the same time due to points failure. i have used the switch chain to lock points and authorise the driver to pass the signal using ERSGT. What is the correct procedure in silencing these alarms and rectifying the level crossings as my drivers are passing the level crossing with the barriers open. Also please help me with the Alarms as they are driving me insane!!!!

Thanks

signalsoftRC

There are two buzzing alarms:

- a switch is trailed (blinking indicators at the switch: resolve with WAT + WT (but you should never ever get that far :-))

- an automated (fleeted) signal can't set a route: resolve by SBRT + ST to turn off the fleeting

BEFORE you allow a driver to pass a signal, you must whether operate the ET (if it is once) or the DET (to keep it closed). DELT to open it, if there's no other train announced to the crossing.

It's the responsibility of the signaller to ensure the level crossing is closed.

(this is NOT the case for the Hengelo simulations. There it really goes automatically. No worries...)

theskipper98

Thanks for your help Richard i have silenced the alarms. The alarms were to do with the fleeting of the signal due to a points failure. I thought that the O and D white squares were level crossings eg open and Down, but now know that they are to do with the fleeting of signals. Can you tell me if there are any level crossings on the panel in PSB Braunschweig.

Thanks and Happy New Year

TjoeTjoe

Thanks for your help Richard i have silenced the alarms. The alarms were to do with the fleeting of the signal due to a points failure. I thought that the O and D white squares were level crossings eg open and Down, but now know that they are to do with the fleeting of signals. Can you tell me if there are any level crossings on the panel in PSB Braunschweig.

Thanks and Happy New Year

No, there aren't any level crossings on the panel in PSB Braunschweig. Only the Bonn Hbf and Hengelo PSB simulations do have them.

theskipper98

Hi i have multiple points failure which i am dealing with in this sim, would this happen in real life as it is causing me one big headache in manually changing the points/switches

thanks

TjoeTjoe

Hi i have multiple points failure which i am dealing with in this sim, would this happen in real life as it is causing me one big headache in manually changing the points/switches

thanks

Personally, I do think you are facing a different problem then you think you do.

The thing is, when you have fleeting enabled for a signal, then as soon as a train is approaching that signal, the system will attempt to set a route depending on the train's steering number. The steering number is the first number in a train number indicator. In the manual for Braunschweig you will find more information on which steering number is used for which trains.

Now, if fleeting system can not set a clear path for the approaching train, then you might notice that junction lights or parts of the route keeps flashing. After a while, even a buzzer will start sounding. This can be silenced by disabling the fleeting for the signal.

Most of the times, you will run into fleeting problems when trains are running close behind each other, in case of conflicting routes at junctions, or when the train with a particular steering number is on a route where the steering number can't be handled by the signal.

Also note that train with steering number 0 (zero) will always need to be "guided" over the panel by the dispatcher, meaning that you have to set the route for these trains yourself because the fleeting system does not know what to do with these trains.

Hope this helps you a bit.

See chapter 5 and 14 for some more information on steering numbers

theskipper98

Many thanks for your help Tjoe. I now understand the meaning of the steering numbers. As I am used to the uk signalling I thought that the steering numbers defined the class of the train. Eg steering number 1 would be a fast passenger express etc. I did not realise that they were used by the automatic fleeting signals to define the route of the train. These simulations are certainly a challenge and fun in learning another countries signalling system.