Sign in to follow this  
theskipper98

HGGL

theskipper98

Hi i have accidently pressed the EaT button using the EaGT button on the top track wrong direction at Gross-Gleidingen and unable to route trains to Gross-Gleidingen as everytime i contact the signalman in the next section at Gross-Gleidingen he refuses to take any trains. How can i get him to allow him to accept my trains in the normal direction as all my trains are blocking back along the line.

Also what does the C-FUNK do on the communications panel as i cannot find any information in the english manual.

Thanks

TjoeTjoe

Hi i have accidently pressed the EaT button using the EaGT button on the top track wrong direction at Gross-Gleidingen and unable to route trains to Gross-Gleidingen as everytime i contact the signalman in the next section at Gross-Gleidingen he refuses to take any trains. How can i get him to allow him to accept my trains in the normal direction as all my trains are blocking back along the line.

Have to reproduce this at home tonight, but I would expect that you only have to offer the train on the n.Groos-Gleidingen track (train number without steering number) and the neighbouring dispatcher should accept it.

Did search the Ducth and German forums for similar postings on this subject, but could not find anything similar.

So I could try tonight, and see if I can help you with this

Also what does the C-FUNK do on the communications panel as i cannot find any information in the english manual.

As far as I know this is old fashionned radio communication between the dispatcher and a loc driver. When you hit the C-funk button you should get a pop-up, allowing you to connect to the driver of a certain train. If I remember well, this only works for trains in the Ba yard. Once you have choosen a "train", you have to press the Call button to get connected. But do note, that does not work for all trains listed on the pop-up. Trains in normal service are to be contacted via the normal way.

Regards

Erwin

TjoeTjoe

Have to reproduce this at home tonight, but I would expect that you only have to offer the train on the n.Groos-Gleidingen track (train number without steering number) and the neighbouring dispatcher should accept it.

Did search the Ducth and German forums for similar postings on this subject, but could not find anything similar.

So I could try tonight, and see if I can help you with this

All right, tried it and we might have a missing feature.

There is no way that you can change back the direction for the "n. Gr.Gleidingen" track.

What we should have here in the communication options is "Hello dispatcher HGGL, could you change direction for track n.Gr.Gleidingen", in the situation that the direction is set against ourselves (so towards Braunschweig).

However, I managed to offer trains to HGGL. But actually what happens then is that HGGL will change the direction for the "v.Gr.Gleidingen" track, but only when he is not sending trains himself via that track of course.

Now, it is very likely that you didn't get your trains accepted by HGGL as you might have been in the middle of rush-hour, meaning many trains from HGGL at that time?

Try to start the sim at around 9.20. First train to HGGL will then be train 3112. Offer it to HGGL and it should get accepted. Once the scheduled train from HGGL is on the panel, HGGL should change direction for v.Gr.Gleidingen.

Of course, in the end, this is not what we want.

For the initial problem, so getting the direction changed back by HGGL for the n.Gr.Gleidingen track is only something Richard and his team can solve.

In the meanwhile, grab a red danger/protection cap (hit F5 key) and then click on the EaT button of n.Gr.Gleidingen track to avoid mistakes again ;-) (hit F6 and EaT button to remove cap)

theskipper98

Thanks Tjoe for your help, it seems that there could be a small bug in the software. The problem came to light when i started a scenario at 00.01. The train affected was the 142210 at 02.55. I do hope that this bug can be rectified with a patch, but in the meantime i will place a danger/collar on the EaT button.

thanks