pblanksb

Locomotives Will Not Move From Track 191 to Stw 6

pblanksb

I have an issue with locomotives not moving from Track 191 to Stw 6.

Approx 1030hrs Lok 2372so shows in the Train Overview Window ready to go to Stw 6. I set the route to Track 186 but the loco does not move. After a period of about 10 minutes I ask why the loco isn't moving, to be told "I am just operating my train". I wonder if Lok 2372so is blocked in by the unstaffed Lok 2261so so I returned Sperrsig 191 to Danger as I needed to run other trains. Lok 2372so then called up after a few minutes telling me he was standing at a red signal! I cleared the signal again but still no movement.

Lok 2261so duly appeared in the Train Overview window at around 1115 so I set a route to Stw 6 Track 165 but this locomotive also does not move.

Neither locomotive moves with Sperrsig 191 cleared. Is this a bug or have I missed something? As always, I appreciate any assistance.

Regards,

Phil.

PeteEHAM

Maybe a dumb question but did you phone to Stw 6 and asked for permission to send the train? And did he change direction of track 186?

pblanksb

Yes I did. Route set and signals 191 and 127 both cleared.

Update - I restarted the sim from 1000, Lok 2372so appeared in the overview window at approx 1030 and started as soon as I cleared the signal.

I forgot to mention that on the previous occasion I waited for the driver to call up and say he was ready to move, as in reality the dispatcher does not have an overview window, and I wonder if this is what caused the problem because on the restarted sim I did not wait for the driver to call.

Regards,

Phil.

Helmut

Hi Phil,

I've never had this problem. And I just tried it, started the sim at 10.24 hrs and one minute later the loco was staffed. When setting the shunt route it moved immediately as always.

It doesn't matter if you set the route to track 186 or only to track 127. It moves in any case.

Did you send another loco before to track 191 that doesn't belong there? Please, look it up in the train overview by showing unstaffed trains.

If not, please tell me when exactly you did start your sim so that I can check it again over here.

Edit: I've tried it again and have waited for the driver's call. After setting the route the loco moved as forseen. So, my only explanation is that some vehicles did block the loco in your case.

Edited by Helmut

pblanksb

Hi Helmut,

My mistake. I thought I'd checked the unstaffed trains list before I made my original post, but I did not look closely enough. For some reason I will never be able to explain I have Loc 2374so also on Track 191. This must be closest to the signal and blocking the other two locos in. I cannot figure out why that loco is there as train 2374 should have departed Karlsruhe for Westerland at 0910.

Regards,

Phil

Helmut

No, Phil,

It was not your mistake.

I've found out the reason for it. I don't know why, but in the timetable for Lok 2374so was one "k" written as "K". And therefore the loco didn't get staffed at its time and blocked the other locos later.

Will be changed with the next update of the timetable.

pblanksb

Ah, now I understand, thanks Helmut.

I gave Lok 2374so some movement orders to shunt to Track 488 and stable out of the way, then sent the other locos to Stw6 and all is looking good now.

Regards,

Phil.

Helmut

Problem should be solved with version 3.6.1.13.