pblanksb

Trains 1223 And 623 Joining At Wurzburg

pblanksb

I'm probably missing something very simple here so my apologies beforehand if this is the case. Train 1223 arrives at Wurzburg on Gl.3 and waits for joining train 623. I now have 623 standing at G303 signal but I cannot set a route into GL.3 for him to join with train 1223.

Also, train 1223 has 'long entry' in the comments, 623 has 'short entry'. What do these comments mean?

Regards,

Phil.

pblanksb

I was missing something very simple after all! :wacko:

After writing my post above I tried a few things and realised it is all to do with the Zugdeckungssignale. If anyone else struggles with this here is the order in which I did things to get 1223 and 623 to join:-

1. Place Zugdeckungssignal II13 to stop, DET command HS,II13

2. Set route G303 - II13, DET G303.II13

Train 623 enters the station.

When 623 has stopped:-

3. Clear II13, DET ZA,II13

After a short period of time 623 draws forward to couple with 1223.

Helmut

Hi Phil,

that is the correct way.
A train route to a normal occupied platform track is not possible. Only shunt movements.
To let trains go to an occupied track by train route you need the "Zugdeckungssignal". This signal divides the track in two parts. The part to which the train shall move has to be completely free. If a route is set to a Zugdeckungssignal, the train has to slow down to 20 km/h before reaching the platform. This is shown by additional signals (Zusatzsignale).

vor 3 Stunden schrieb pblanksb:

Also, train 1223 has 'long entry' in the comments, 623 has 'short entry'. What do these comments mean?

Long entry means: The train has to go forward to the exit signal (ASig) and stop directly in front of it. This is necessary to keep the second part of the platform track free for the entry of a second train. Trains with the remark long entry have a movement order to stop in front of the ASig of a certain track. If you use another track, you have to change the movement order before. Without this movement order the train would stop in the middle of a platform track and occupy both parts.

Short entry means: The train shall stop in front of the Zugdeckungssignal. This is on the dispatcher's hands. For this, he has to set the Zugdeckungssignal to stop.

Remark: Shunt movements have movement orders if they shall stop on one particular half of the platform track. So, no need to set the Zugdeckungssignal to stop.

If a platform track shall be occupied from both sides, the trains can be send to the platform only one after the other by using the Zugdeckungssignal. The first train has to stop before the second is send to the platform.

pblanksb

Thanks Helmut for your detailed explanation.

Regards,

Phil.